Friday, June 12, 2009

Beauty Blooms ...

Been a busy spinner the last few days.  I got some lovely fibers from "Yarn or a Tale" (thanks Leah!) and have been inspired to spin, spin, spin.  I've been on a coiled kick... but I do have a pretty and thin 60/40 Merino/Bamboo single drying right now.

Spun a thick and thin single Columbian Dorset that puffed up so nicely... then I went into fairy land, I suppose, and plied in pink eyelash yarn, a purple and lavender novelty with little bumps on it, lots of sparkly glitz, and cocoons of white banana fibers.  I strung flower petals and one flower onto the plying thread and then hand-stitched a button to the base of each petal.  It truly did bloom as I created it... I'm in LOVE.  I think I'm keeping it forever.    : )

Here is Beauty Blooms - Curvy Coiled Art yarn 
really super bulky 25 yards 
Beauty Blooms - Curvy Coiled Art Yarn handspun

Beauty Blooms - Curvy Coiled Art Yarn handspun

Ruthie - Supercoiled Art yarn Merino Rambouillet cross  
super bulky 22 yards
Ruthie Handspun Supercoiled Art yarn merino

It's so interesting having both boys home for summer.  There are times when I'm breaking up squabbles and cleaning up messes and wondering how long until school starts again.  But there are also moments of hearing their voices when they're playing make-believe... or seeing their eyes glaze when they are lost in imagination... precious.  They are growing up too fast.  *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This is such a gorgeous set of pictures! I can tell that "Bloom" was an intense labor of love, and you enjoyed every minute of it. The photography is perfect! (it helps that my favorite colors are pinks and purples!) Keep on spinning the lovelies for me to drool over ...just wish I could SQUEEZE them for a minute or two since I can't knit or crochet them into anything half as beautiful as the original creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy yarns! So glad you have a blog now! : )

    ReplyDelete