Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Whirlwind Fiber Adventures

It's official - Fiber Festivals are fantastic, fun-filled and utterly ... exhausting. It's Wednesday and I've finally unpacked my bins of handspun yarns, scarves, notecards and stitch markers.

Flutterby Fibers Booth at the Fiber Festival

What a BLAST! On the 17th, at the Tucson Wool Festival, I set up my first booth ever - kinda life changing in a great way. Then last weekend (the 24th) was the Southwest Fiber Festival. Met lots of new friends and loved every minute of visiting with people who were touching (and purchasing) my yarns in person. : )

Flutterby Fibers Booth at the Fiber Festival

I met the awesome Tina aka: ArizonaKnitter (on Etsy and Twitter) and she purchased two of my handspun (including one from my Veggie Twist line of Vegan 100% Bamboo. She mentioned that she is a columnist for the Examiner and that she'd be writing about the Southwest Fiber Festival! How crazy excited I was to get an email from her that linked to this article! With fantastic pictures in a slideshow taken by her hubby. And - if that wasn't enough - pushing me over the edge of thrilled - she linked me to her blog where she posted about the yarns she purchased at the festival! Seriously... I love it. Her blog has all sorts of awesome yarnie-ness and knitting galore!
Tina Rocks. : )

Ready to get my remaining inventory photographed and listed in my Etsy shop.
Here's a little sneak peek!
Sneak Peek mosaic

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh... Laura you are the sweetest! Thank you for the kind words. It was so much fun meeting you and I'm trying to find just the right pattern for the Veggie Twist. I will be featuring your Etsy shop along with two other AZ fiber gals next week. So stay tune! Hugs.... Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay laura!! :) i'm so glad you've added a new facet to your life with live "shows" of all your amazing creations! :) your booth set-ups looked great and i KNOW you had TONS of success :) i'm super excited that you were featured in the article and will be featured AGAIN in tina's blog!!! i'm super excited for your UPDATE as well!! :) xoxoxo sara :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~ Thank you Tina! Can't wait to see your Veggie creation... and I look forward to seeing my fellow AZ gals! : ) Hugs to you too!

    ~ Ah my LushMommy ... thanks a bunch! I'll be working on my updates... I think I need to make a light box! : ) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Halloween!
    Thanks for all your lovely comments on my Halloween posts!, Best Wishes Torie Jayne x

    ReplyDelete